Passing through Peniche, or booking your next holiday in Portugal?
You are in the right place! 👌🏻 We have concocted a sum up of activities, best addresses, tips and things not to be missed in around Peniche!
On your notes, embark with us for a worthy holiday in Portugal. 🌊☀️
IDEA 1: Ride the wave
And yes, here you are in surfing country, so it’s impossible not to put on a wetsuit and get in the water. 🏄🏻♀️
You will find spots for both beginners and experienced. For you to have fun in the waves you can rent surfboards and bodyboards on every street corners!
If you want to take lessons, we recommend without hesitation the lessons with Audrey and Luís from Happy Days Surf Peniche big smile guaranteed at the end of your session. 😁
IDEA 2: Ride and fly on the wave
After surfing it why not fly over it? 😎
Baleal and Óbidos is also a Kitesurfing region ! If you’ve never heard about Kitesurf 🤔 and if this word is completely unknown to you, we will explain everything to you 👉🏻 All about kitesurfing
For the more experienced heading to the ocean, and for beginners, good news, to Óbidos there is a shallow and calm water lagoon, without the waves of the ocean, in other words, the ideal place to learn and progress in complete safety! 👌🏻
IDEA 3: Go stand-up paddleboarding (SUP)
Go for a day or half day on the Óbidos lagoon. For another experience more unique you can rent a SUP for the sunrise (bring a thermos of coffee 😴) or the sunset!
For budding young tightrope walkers, it is also possible to do SUP yoga 🤹🏼♀️
Contact Rachel for any rental request:
WhatsApp : +351 912 701 573
IDEA 4: Go on adventure at the Óbidos lagoon
Plan a picnic and discover wildlife and also the flora of the lagoon. Little tips: go and admire the Flamingos at sunset.
Rachel also offers Mountain bikes for rent.
WhatsApp : +351 912 701 573
IDEA 5: Take a yoga class
After all these sports activities, your body will need to relax. Relax yourself during a yoga class. 🧘♀️
For lessons on the Baleal side, contact Joy
WhatsApp : +351 925 009 546
IDEA 6: Visit the medieval village of Óbidos
Small flowered pedestrian streets 🌺, the castle, the Sainte Marie church, white, blue and yellow houses. Óbidos is a charming village that is worth visiting.
You cannot leave Óbidos without tasting the well-known Ginjinha d’Óbidos. You find this cherry liqueur all over the village. Enjoy it in a small glass chocolate, a real delight!
IDEA 7: Stock up on fruit and vegetables at the typical market of Caldas da Rainha
IDEA 8: Hang out in Baleal
Surf and relaxed atmosphere Baleal is the place to be for a chill day. 😌
Start the day with a good coffee ☕️ at Washed Up, or at Padaria do Marquito, after a surf session get a brunch at Kalifood. Grab your book of the moment and your towel and enjoy a quiet moment (or a good nap 😴) on the beach of Pico da Mota. A shower and off we go for 1 hour of yoga. 🧘 End the day with a sunset and a caipi at the Surf ranch or the Tribo and go to dinner at Taberna do Ganhão. For the most motivated you can go dancing and enjoy a cocktail at The Base. 💃
Our favorite addresses ❤️ (in addition to those mentioned above):
• Funky Donkey – Real Italian pizzas with a soft dough and desserts to fall backwards🍕
• Riclé Bar – Best burgers in town 🍔🍺
• Java house – For gin & waffle lovers🍸🧇
• Cartel 71 – For Mexican food & tequila lovers 🇲🇽
• Sabores & peripécias – Wine and tapas bar 🍷
• Cantina de Ferrel – Italian restaurant, the Coulis Tomate e Burrata 🥫😍
• Sushi fish – Japanese food 🤤
• Hown baleal – Good food, good vibes & good events 🎶🎸
• Backyard – Organic Market and local, breakfast and lunch every Saturday from 9 a.m to 2.30 p.m don’t miss !) 🥐🥙
• Hangfive – Concept Store, cafes and surfing ☕️ 🏄♂️
• Bar #1 Peniche – A large selection of craft beers 🍺
• Toca do Texugo – Open only at noon for a typical Portuguese lunch 🐟🥔
• Sol é Vida – Open only at noon for a typical Portuguese lunch 🌊
IDEA 9: Be pampered during the time of a massage (Yes, because it's still holiday 😌)
IDEA 10: Discover Nazaré
Known for the biggest waves in the world 🌊, Nazaré is a city worth visiting.
To admire the spectacle offered by the ocean, you will have to go to Nazaré towards the end of the year. Aside from these giant waves, Nazaré is a city to discover at least for a day.
• 🍩 For dessert, try the traditionnals Bolas de Berlim (filled donuts).
• See the giant wave spot: Praia do Norte, located to the right of Fort São Miguel Arcanjo.
IDEA 11: Spend a weekend in Lisbon
Because there is so much to say about the Portuguese capital that we made an article entirely dedicated to Lisbon. 🌺☀️