Welcome to the Silver Coast, one of Portugal’s most beautiful regions!
The Silver Coast stretches from Porto to Lisbon, and the coastline is around 240 km long (so, yes, you can find lots of secret beaches just for you!!)
The Silver Coast is known as the Algarve of the North, but with fewer tourists. The region remains unexplored with its wilder, more pristine beaches.
There’s so much to do on the Silver Coast, you’ll never get bored! You’ll be able to alternate between surfing on the world’s most famous spots, kitesurfing, wingfoiling or even SUP on the Obidos lagoon.
You can also go mountain biking along the cliffs overlooking the miles of beaches, or try your hand at golf… We’ve put together an overview of outdoor activities around Peniche and Obidos.
In addition to sporting activities, there are plenty of traditional villages to visit on Portugal’s west coast;
• Aveiro: known as the Little Venice of Portugal.
• Nazaré: renowned for having the biggest waves in the world, as well as the show that takes place towards the end of the year, Nazaré is a place not to be missed.
• Obidos: famous for its traditional Ginja (cherry liqueur) and its castle, Obidos is a charming medieval village.
• Peniche: a fishing village with long, beautiful beaches, where you can enjoy grilled fish in Peniche’s typical restaurants.
• Ericeira: with its flowery, colorful streets, Ericeira is a cute, trendy little surf town.
These are just a few of the best-known towns, but there’s so much more to discover. The Silver Coast has plenty to offer.
Come and discover or re-discover Portugal by experiencing a region that lives to the rhythm of nature.
Visiting Lisbon? Check out our favorites ☀️